We are excited to welcome visitors to Season Three of The TANK Center for Sonic Arts at 233 County Road 46, in Rangely, Colorado.
• Open Saturdays at The TANK
From 9am to 1pm every Saturday from May through October, the public is invited to enjoy, explore, and experience a shared sonic environment, free of charge, no reservations required. These are our only free public hours.
• Family Time at the TANK
On Saturdays from 3 to 5 pm and Wednesdays from 7 to 9 pm, your family can have their own half hour visit in The TANK, to sing, make music, or just experiment with The TANK’s mighty reverberation. It’s just a $10 admission fee for your family’s sonic excursion in The TANK. You can use our percussion and other instruments or bring your own. For $15 more, we will record your session in stereo and give you a thumb drive of your recording to take home. Record a Christmas carol or a Birthday song or make a spooky Halloween soundtrack. To reserve a time for your family, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Reserve your Private Visit in TANK, to record or just to play. Apply here: Reserve The TANK.
A few things to know about your visit:
• A limited number of people can enter The TANK at a time, though we’ll make sure everyone has an opportunity to spend time inside.
• Children must be supervised by adults at all times, inside and outside The TANK.
• No shoes inside — we’ll ask you to remove your footwear at the door (or wear socks over your shoes).
• No food or drinks allowed inside. (You can picnic on the grounds, though.)
• Please turn off your electronic devices before you enter.
The TANK Center for Sonic Arts is located at 233 County Road 46, in Rangely, Colorado 81648. Rangely is roughly:
- Five hours from Denver
- Four hours from Salt Lake City
- Two hours from Grand Junction, Colorado
- An hour and forty five minutes from Rifle, Colorado
- An hour and a half from Fruita, Colorado
- An hour from Vernal, Utah
- Forty Five minutes from Dinosaur National Monument / Dinosaur Quarry Visitor Center
- Twenty minutes from Dinosaur National Monument / Canyon Visitors Center
WHILE IN RANGELY
The town of Rangely offers 3 motels, 2 museums, nearby Freemont Rock Art, wild mustangs, restaurants, a college, camping, and bicycle trails. Dinosaur National Monument, on the White River, is only 20 miles away.
WHERE TO STAY
The Blue Mountain Inn
Exclusive lodging partner of The TANK.
Ask for special TANK rates.
Make reservations online, or call: 970-675-8888
The Bell House B&B 970-629-5317
Rangely Camper Park
And, of course, there are hotels and B&Bs in the surrounding towns.
HAPPENINGS AT THE TANK
Join our email list for updates about reserving time in The TANK for private and small group visits, recording, and volunteering at The TANK. We’ll keep you posted about concerts, performances, workshops, and other activities at The TANK Center for Sonic Arts.